Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back to Work!

It turns out that the reason I was so tired on Sunday was that the flu I thought I was over had one more blow to deliver before leaving. So I slept most of the day Monday, and didn't get a single useful thing accomplished.

I was doing better today, so I was able to get the Untucked Shirt template for Second Life completed. At least, I think I did.

Here's what it looks like (on a Greenman shirt, this time.)

picture of the shirt

I might do one final tweak and remove the highlight where the dark shadow was before I put the shirts together, make the vendors, and so on (which ought to happen tomorrow.) I mean, it really looked like that when I had my partner model the shirt, to see how it hung in the back. But that doesn't mean that I'll keep that wrinkle if I don't find it aesthetically pleasing!

On a slightly different note, it's possible that I'll be doing a custom window for Bella/Pella sometime very soon! That would be great! Getting the stuff together for it pointed out that we need to have a folder/webpage full of the various types of "glass" that I've made, though.

For anyone reading this who doesn't know about the Bella/Pella project, I've been working designing faux stained glass windows, which will be printed on Plexiglass to (hopefully) use as "between the glass" panels in Pella's Designer Windows since last November.

I got the job when my boss at Bella saw a tutorial about making Stained Glass in LightWave on my website. As I began to get into the swing of making the windows, I realized that I was also going to have to make my own "faux glass" to go in them.

So I've been doing that, and have amassed a fair collection of various glass types, based on currently available art glass, and stuff that I haven't seen, but needed for the windows I'm designing. Being able to create any kind of "glass" you need gives a huge design advantage!

But I'll probably spend at least some time tomorrow making a package of glass types that can go to Bella for the website. I'll post a couple here, too, so you can see what I'm talking about.

And that's about it for today!

More tomorrow.

No comments: