Sunday, August 27, 2006

So much for the last 4 days!

The DVDs are being burned now.

Finally.

Note to Self: in future, be much more careful about saving the layered Photoshop files of everything. That's what CDs and DVDs are for.

In my last post, I mentioned that the glass for Bella might take longer than expected.

I had no idea.

The PDF files of all the glass took longer than expected, mostly because of all the Container glass that hadn't been included in the set I'd sent to Bella earlier; but weren't too horrible. However, the finished print-resolution files were lots bigger than I thought they'd be, so I made low-resolution copies, and e-mailed them sent by deadline.

Then I turned to getting the Glass files all tidied up, so I could put them on the same DVD as the pdf files to send to the other artists who are working on the project. Which turned out to be a far, far larger task than the "flattening and renaming" I thought it was going to be.

By the time it was all over (which it nearly is, except for burning the last DVDs,) I had spent 3 full days - nearly 40 hours, the way I work - finding the old glass, or recreating glass I couldn't find, organizing the files, and getting everything all set. I wound up staying up until noon on Saturday working on it, and then crashed for 12 hours.

When I woke up (around midnight, for those who are counting,) I set to work putting the DVDs together. In the process, of course, I decided to back up all the old files, from before the "tidying," and remove them from my hard drive. And, of course, I found a bunch of the files I'd had to recreate during the previous 3 days! If I wasn't so tired, I'd be rolling around laughing. :D

As it is, I'm just going to remember, in future, to back up the old files first, whether or not I think I have time to do that. Becuase you don't know what you'll find when you start to dig into the Ancient Places.

Part of this, of course, is because I've been working on this stuff now since last November. And when I started in November, I had no idea that the project was going to go on this long, turn out to be this big (or wait so long before it started to pay! :D )

But that's where I've been, and what I've been doing for the last few days, in case you were wondering if I'd gotten sick again.

No. Although, I have to say at this point that it's not my fault if I haven't! :D

I probably won't do much other work today, but with any luck, I'll be back to a more-or-less normal schedule on Monday.

Until then!

No comments: