Saturday, August 05, 2006

The T-Shirts are (Finally) Finished!

Goodness knows it took me long enough, but I finally have 18 T-shirts finished, tucked into bags, and placed in vendors in my AV Shop and at the Gordian Knot men's shop.

Here's the finished publicity/vendor image.

picture of the shirts

(If you want to see that full size, it's here.)

I'm doing something a little different with the vendor this time, mostly because taking all those pictures takes so much time (something I have very little of.) I'm using a normal, 3 Prim vendor; but the "Forward" and "Back" buttons are the image above, split over two prims (cubes, for those who haven't been to Second Life) that meet in the center, with another prim on top of them (in the middle) that allows you to look at just the designs from the t-shirts, and pick which one to buy.

This not only makes my life easier, but since the actual changing images don't need to have as much information in them, I was able to make them 256x256 pixels. So, hopefully, the whole thing will work more quickly, and people will be able to spend more time shopping, and less waiting for things to rez.

We'll see, I guess.

If you'd like to see what all 18 images look like, you can click here.

By the way, the Flamingo is one of the windows I made for the Bella/Pella thing. So, if everything works out as well as it should, you'll be able to get that design in a window, too!

The Greenman and Leafy Pentacle are also perennial favorites, so I decided to put them on shirts. And the spiral was in yesterday's post, of course.

Anyway, that's that!

People have begun to ask about skins for kids and men. (And some of the "asking" has gotten quite ... forceful. :D )

I wish I had good news about those projects, but I'm afraid that I don't.

They will both take longer than I had hoped, because they both need more work than they should. There is no excuse for a mesh that doesn't have the elbows, knees, etc. in the same place, no matter where the sliders are; but that's what we have to deal with. Sigh.

I'll probably do the kid's skin first, since, although the market is much smaller, it will take only a fraction of the work. The men's skin will need so much work that I'm now thinking it won't be ready until early fall.

Sorry, guys, but it's just a huge task. Nearly as bad as starting from scratch, to determine where things are supposed to go! And, of course, everything will need to be redrawn. It'll probably take me 80-100 hours, and that time has to be squeezed in among all the other things (including small stuff, like eating and sleeping.) So it's just going to take a while.

Thanks for your patience!

Later!

No comments: