Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tuesday, Aug. 22

Well, okay, it's Wednesday now. But it got too late to write this last night, so I'm doing it now. :D

For the first time in a long time I felt half-way decent yesterday, so I got a fair amount done. A lot was "around the house" stuff that's been shockingly neglected the last few weeks. But some was actual work.

I now have seven of the "flavors" for the kid's skins finished, with only the darkest flavor, Cocoa, still to go. I'll post some pictures later. That's the second hardest part of making any skin set mostly finished, though.

It's not a simple matter of changing the Hue and Saturation of course, since everything has to be balanced and changed to make each skin work. This time wasn't as hard as the last, because I did have the set of "Sylvia" skins to work from. So they went fairly quickly, and I should be able to have the last one done sometime later today. Tomorrow at the latest, if the work for Bella takes longer than expected.

Bella needs contact sheets of the various glass textures and panels I have finished. Since I'm the only one who has all of that stuff, I'm the one who needs to make them. I thought it was going to be a really quick job. (Just pick Contact Sheet II from the Automate menu in Photoshop) but when I took a look last night I realized that I have some glass in the "Container" set that Maureen at Bella was working from that I didn't have in the samples I sent to Krista, and that will have to be made in the larger sizes first.

Don't ask me why I didn't just make it in those sizes when I made it for the Containers. I have no idea.

I'd also like to make the Winter Tree design, (the other 3 seasons are done,) so I might be busy with Glass for most of the day today.

The contact sheets aren't due until Thursday, though, so I'm not worried about getting them done. (I love Automate > Contact Sheet II.)

So, that's that. I'm going to go do a spot of weeding in my horribly neglected garden, and then back to the Pixel Mines!

No comments: