or at least, not quite so far behind!
So today I released some Halloween jammies in SL, and also re-released the Halloween Corduroy skirt that was out for about a week last October.
(That's my friend, Marianne McCann, modeling for the picture, by the way.)
I used the fabric I made last year, with Black Jack the Halloween Cat, for the jammies, too, so they kind of co-ordinate, which I like.
That fabric was really fun to make, by the way. I used Poser 7 to pose and render the cat, and then used Artlandia's SymmetryShop to make the fabric in Photoshop.
However, I'm delighted to report that Kona Bay Fabrics has said that I can use their fabric to make Hawaiian shirts in Second Life, as long as I credit them, and put a link to their website in the notecard with the credit. So there will be some killer Hawaiian shirts, as soon as I can get the photographs taken of the fabric. (Their fabric is stunning; but the shots on the website don't have a full repeat, and I have quite a bit of it in my "fabric stash" so I'm going to be doing my own photography. Not to mention this gives me a perfect excuse to buy as much of it as I want! Grin!)
Since I last wrote in this blog, I've also solved some problems with some scripts that I've been puzzling over for a while. I'm not going to be selling these scripts, but I do plan to sell some furniture that I'm going to be making with them, so that's going to work out well!
I'm also moving forward, albeit slowly, with my plans to buy some Void islands in SL, and put rental homes on a couple of them for people who want to live close to Livingtree. I was thinking that some homes that are large enough for families might be really nice. I plan to provide furniture, but I can lift it (or some of it,) and allow more prims, instead, for people who already have their own.
Other than that, I'm in the midst of changing my schedule around, so I'll be working mostly days for the next little while. (This is because of some RL stuff) and I'm spending some time each day at Lynda.com, studying the CS3 suite.
I'm learning Dreamweaver CS3 right now, which is good, because GoLive, which I've been using for site updates for years, isn't part of Adobe's Creative Suite any more. (They appear to be dropping the product after this release. It's not even on the front page of their website, although it's brand new.) This didn't.. ummm.. make me happy.. so I tried downloading the demo of GoLive 9. I really can't justify the expense, but I did want to see. And then I made an error, and opened my site in the demo, so I can't open it in the old GoLive any more (I was using 6). All of which means that I can either learn Dreamweaver, or hand code the updates in BBEdit.
So learning Dreamweaver it is. :D
Hopefully, as my schedule evens out after a couple of years of .. ummm.. chaos, I'll be able to update this blog more often, and also update the site and get the rest of my work done in a timely fashion.
So until next time, take care!