Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Boy's Cold Skin Demos

The boy's cold skin demos are up and in the stores in Second Life, wherever you can buy my Boy's Skins.

picture of boy with red rosy cheeks, on snowmobile


As mentioned before, I'm not doing all the Vendor stuff for this set unless there is some demand for them; so if you'd like one, please IM me and I'll get it for you right away. I know, that might be inconvenient, and I'm sorry for that. But I can't help but think that it's better than uploading the 86 textures required for a full set of skins (with and without freckles) and then making the 54 vendor images that would be needed.

I'd rather spend that time on other things.

Like the freebie box, which I'm going to be working on today. I'm planning some really nice goodies for that one. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, when (I hope) it'll be done.

In the meantime, I played some with the new Windlight viewer for Second Life yesterday. It has a lot of potential, and it turns out that it's really easy to get rid of that reddish overtone that I dislike so. In fact, you can give your scenes whatever tone you want, make them as bright or dim as you'd like, and change the cloud speed and everything else.

All those things that people are complaining about are just presets. You don't have to use them, if you don't like them. Instead, you can use what you do like!

Things do look quite different under the various lighting conditions, though. It's going to be almost impossible to make anything that looks like we'd hope it would under all the possible variations.

And nothing much is going to look like it did in PS. Not that it does now; but it's about to get .. ummm... more involved. :D

No comments: