Wednesday, April 08, 2009

We can now take PayPal!

For quite some time, people have been asking me if we could take PayPal as payment at RobinWood.com, (my website.) And for just as long, I've been wanting to, but unable to figure out how to do it.

Well, tonight I found out that the shopping cart we use more or less has PayPal functionality built in. All you have to do is get the certificate from PayPal, and activate it.

So, as of several hours ago, when you put things into your shopping cart on my website, you'll find the little yellow PayPal Express Checkout button, up at the top. That's the one that takes you to the PayPal site, where you log in, authorize payment, and that's that.

If you'd rather use your PayPal credit card, you can do that, too! It's one of the Payment options, when you check out normally.

So there you go! And there was much rejoicing!

3 comments:

nosleepingdog said...

Hi Robin,

Just came from your site, because I found the excellent Mac ColorPicker tutorial via Google...Thank you for that!

That tutorial doesn't seem to be reachable from your home page, only the tutorials on Bryce etc. It's so helpful, would be good if it were listed/included.

Thanks again,
nosleepingdog

Robin Wood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin Wood said...

Hi nosleepingdog!

You are most welcome, and thanks for your kind words.

Actually, you can get to that tutorial from the home page; but since it's the only one in that category (Mac OSx,) there isn't a line for it in the main menu.

If you click on the Photoshop tuts, though, it's the first one you get to. It's also listed in quite a few of the other categories.

At the moment, it's also listed in the Newest Tutorial part of the News section, because I just updated it. That's temporary, though.

I might make a section for "System Stuff", if I come up with another tutorial about any of it. Thanks for the suggestion!

(By the way, I removed the post above because it seems you can't edit posts; and I noticed some typos and lack of clarity after I posted the first time.)