Thursday, August 13, 2009

Website Revisions

I've come to the conclusion that the website revisions are taking too long. There is too much time while a section is being worked on, when some of the new pages are finished, but others aren't, and the section is in flux, and difficult to navigate.

So, after thinking it over for a while, I've decided to get rid of all the frames first, which should be relatively simple, and just move the tables and things to the new pages.

Then, when that's all done, I'll go back and revise things, and get rid of the tables.

It's not a prefect solution, but it should at least mean that people will be able to find what they are looking for relatively painlessly.

With any luck, working like this, I'll have the Second Life tutorials done in the next few days, which means that I can put up a couple of new ones that are done, but not really linked into anything.

And with any luck, the whole project will move a bit more quickly.

It's not Best Practices, but it'll be better than what's there now, and it will give me enough breathing room to not go nuts while I'm working on the rest of it.

No comments: