Monday, June 14, 2010

Tales of the Downright Unusual...

For many years, I've admired Bradley W. Schenck's work. If you're not familiar with him, he does jaw dropping celtic knot work, really funny, if slightly twisted, t-shirts, and amazing things from Retropolis (the future that was dreamed of in the 1920's and 30's.)

His design sense is stunning; quite possibly the best I've ever seen, and completely unmistakable.

Last night, I was looking at his site, because our waitress at a restaurant admired one of his shirts (I was wearing it) and asked about it. I, of course, always eager to help gain clients for one of my favorite artists, offered to send her his URL.

Then, today, I was reading Phil and Kaja Foglio's Girl Genius and there, at the top of the page, was a banner to an interactive story that was unmistakably Bradley's work!

So of course I followed it, and it led me to "The Toaster with Two Brains, Part One: Trapped in the Tower of the Brain Thieves", which is a beautifully illustrated story, done in Bradley's inimitable style, which is well worth reading!

Seriously, the man blows my mind.



After taking every single branch in the story to its end, so as to miss nothing, I found that he's trying to raise money to bring us more of this gorgeous stuff using KickStarter. So, if you enjoy the story, and if you possibly can, consider pledging something there as well.

Thanks, and enjoy the story!

No comments: