Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Photoshop Gradient Tool - Editing Solid Gradients

This tutorial was a bit late.

On Monday (when I usually do the filming) I was quite surprised to find that my voice was just not working. Every few words it would seem to catch, and .. nothing would come out. Okay, I've had a sore throat, but this was ridiculous!

I tried again on Tuesday morning. Except when I listened to the first take, there was a horrible annoying cyclic buzz-buzz-buzz through the whole thing. I turned off everything in the house that I could turn off, and the buzz persisted. So I kept trying. Finally, I was able to get a decent recording. I have no idea what was causing the buzz, or why it stopped long enough to film, but I'm glad that it did.

So, here's the second in the series about Gradients in Photoshop.



This time, a quick tour of the Gradient Editor, and then we learn how to change the transparency and colors, add and delete Stops, sample color from anywhere in the gradient or anywhere on your desktop to use in a Color Stop, and how to use the Foreground or Background colors in the gradient so the gradient changes as you change your colors. Finally, we learn how to add the new gradient to the panel, and how to save all the gradients, or just one of them, so you can have them forever!

Hope it helps!

No comments: