Tuesday, August 16, 2011

No Tutorial; but a Busy Week!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry to say that Michael and I both got sick over the weekend, and I was congested yesterday and unable to film a new tutorial. So there's not going to be one this week.

However, I've been very busy with all kinds of other things, mostly in Second Life®, since I last posted.

First, I just opened a new store! It's on a new sim called "The Nest" which is a home and garden paradise; a lot of the best known and most highly respected furniture designers in SL have shops there. I've been trying to get a shop in a place that people come for furniture for some time, because people usually don't think of me as a place to go to get stuff for your home. Mostly because I haven't been making things like that for long.

But with mesh upon us, I really want to have a place to sell meshy goods, and now I do!



I wasn't early enough to get a spot on Main Street, but I did snag a shack with a porch in Shacktown, so I'm right there on the same sim. And, truthfully, the whole place is fascinating enough that I'm guessing a lot of people will walk around and look at all of it!

I'm pretty excited about this, as you might be able to tell, and have already started to make new things just to display here. For instance, I made a quilt that drapes over the railing, because the shack really needed brightening up! You can see it in the picture below.



It's only L$75, mod/transfer and is also available from my main Home and Garden Store on Livingtree.

I've also made a new snack cooler, although it's more for Fireworks and things than for the new store. (I am selling it there, though!)



It's with packed 14 different snacks and 21 beverages in 5 categories; Healthy Snacks, Sweet Snacks, Soda Pop, Juice, and Milk. If you touch the cooler, you get a menu that lets you choose the category you want, but the actual food you get is random, which is more fun!

You can also sit on the cooler. There are 9 poses to let you do that. Touch the handle to change pose.

It's only 2 prims, L$300, transfer only, and is available from Home and Garden Store on Livingtree, my new Home and Garden store at the Nest and on the Marketplace.

Come and check it out at one of the stores!

And do come see the new store, Robin's Home and Garden at the Nest.

For this week, I'm playing with quilts. There should be some new ones out in time for Fireworks, with poses, pillows and small coolers. If all goes according to plan, they'll seat 3, and should come in at about 5 prims.

Now I'm going to go play with Electric Quilt for a while. Till next time!

No comments: